“Build a man a fire, and he’ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he’ll be warm for the rest of his life.” —Terry Pratchett (via travors)
The Fifth Element
- Mr Kim: You got a message.
- Korben Dallas: Yeah.
- Mr Kim: You’re not gonna open it? Could be important.
- Korben Dallas: Yeah, like the last two I got were important. The first one was from my wife, telling me she was leaving. The second was from my lawyer, telling me he was leaving WITH my wife.
- Mr Kim: Agh, that is bad luck. But grandfather say, “It never rain everyday”. This is good news, guaranteed. Hey, I bet your lunch!
- Korben Dallas: Okay, you’re on.
- Mr Kim: Come on. [opens message, in an excited voice] “You are fired.” [face falls] Oh, I’m sorry.
- Korben Dallas: At least I won lunch.
- Mr Kim: Good philosophy! See good in bad. I like.